Irlam and Cadishead History Society
This local group is open to anyone with an interest in Irlam and Cadishead’s history.
The History Society support local schools and youth groups with enquiries or projects.
The group meet on the third Wednesday of the month, except during the months of July, August and December when other events are organised. The meetings can entail interesting talks by different speakers on a variety of fascinating aspects of history and cost just £3 for visitors and £2 for members.
If you have any old photos from the 1860’s onward, especially school or team photos, local streets or events, the society would like to hear from you. The History Society is working with Hamilton Davies Trust to install more Heritage Boards across the district and developing some town trails.
Contact the History Society direct if you wish to become a member for a very small cost of £3 per year. Alternatively, why not pop down to one of their meetings and see what it’s all about.
Take a look at the articles in resources which you can download and read at your leisure. They are all about the area with interesting facts and some with pictures.
- A Stroll Down Fairhills Road - Download
- Cadishead Pensioners Hall Jubilee - Download
- Catholic Churches in Irlam and Cadishead - Download
- Christmas in the Past - Download
- Early Education in Cadishead - Download
- Early Inhabitants of Irlam and Cadishead - Download
- Fustian Cutting in Cadishead - Download
- Industrial Irlam visited by HRH the Duke of York - Download
- Kinder Wallpaper Factory - Download
- Landmarks and Customs - Download
- Motorway Men Beat the Bog Menace - Download
- St John the Baptist Church - Download
- The Hulme Patent Advertising Match Works - Download
- The River Glaze - Download
- War Memorial - Download