Irlam and Cadishead has a tight-knit community, one which has invested countless volunteer hours to help enhance the local area, making it an even better place to live work and enjoy, through volunteering.
Volunteering in your local community can make a massive difference to any area and although that’s a major driver to people getting involved and wanting to give something back, it’s not just about what you can do for others. Volunteers can gain a lot experience and make new friends too. Here’s a few examples of the benefits of volunteering for an individual:
- Feeling rewarded by giving something back and seeing a positive impact on the area and community in which they live
- Helping to increase confidence
- Developing new knowledge, skills and experience
- Making new friends and contacts
- Positive feelings that can come from working as a part of a team
- Boost their CV
- Get back in to work. It’s a great way to get a reference and fill gaps in your work experience
- It can act as a taster if people are looking for a change of direction
Do you want to make a real and lasting difference in your local area?
Do you have some time each month to spare?
Do you have a skill to offer, or the enthusiasm and drive to make a difference?
Then why not get I touch. If you are interested in having a chat about possibly becoming a local volunteer, please contact Hamilton Davies Trust (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 222 4003).
Alternatively, visit our ‘Groups and Amenities’ section to see if there are any specific organisations you would like to provide volunteer support for and contact them directly.